The recent attack on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris made think about what is truly freedom.
If you haven´t looked at some of their cartoons – have a look at them. Here are some examples (which I am not disclosing here due to copyright issues but please have a look):
- about Michael Jackson after his death saying “Finally white”.
- after the September 11 with Osama bin Laden saying “No hands!”
- among discussions in France about banning the Burqa in public with a naked woman with a cloth stuck in her bottom saying “Wear it …inside”.
- one saying that the Koran is made of shit and does not stop bullets.
- about the homosexual marriage and church with the trinity having sex.
- and the one from today saying “Love is stronger than hate!”with a muslim kissing a reporter from the magazine Charlie Hebdo !!!
Their cartoons are not about love – more they create hate between people.
They joke about death, religion, anything that comes to their mind without any respect for people feelings.
In my opinion, this is not freedom of speech. This is war-making-speech and hatred-making speech. They teach intolerance, disrespect for people differences and discrimination.
And more than definitely the cartoons are not funny!